Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Ok it's been a while

I know, it's been a while since I last blogged. I've been busy and kept forgetting. Ooops.

Ok, let's see . . .

I finished Courage! I finished that on December 31, 2011 - with about an hour and a half left to go in 2011. lol only I will go to a New Years party and take my stitching. I can still be social.

I then started Strength when I got home. There are like twice the colors and about 50 times the confetti. lol This is page 1:

And this is page 2:

But I'm now on the last page and am hoping to get it done soon - like by Saturday! lol That's when the 62% sale at AC Moore for custom framing ends. Julia and I had gone a couple of weeks ago while it was still 61% off then and had them put together the mat/frame combos we liked. They printed up a paper she can take back in when she goes to put them in. They are gonna looke totally awesome when they're framed.
I'll post pics either later by editing the post or when I get on firefox if it doesn't post on IE.

I did start SK Forbidden Doorway, but haven't gotten very far. For several reasons. 1) I restarted it like 2 rows (I gridded) lower than the original start. 2) I have been working on other things. My original start was in the upper left corner, but I didn't like how far up I was - little room at the top with much more at the bottom. (She's being stitched on 22-count Hardanger, so far so good.) When I restarted her, I decided to do all the krenik #4 braid, which is on her skin. I worked on her for a few days after the 1st page of Strength was done, then again after the 2nd page was done. Then I got distracted on day 2 of my "2 or 3 days working on Doorway". Here she is, though it's not a gret picture:

What distracted me? My nephew, Logan, decided to a) join their church and then b) was getting baptized (which has happened). So I had decided I wanted to make him a bookmark for his bible. (btw - I say "my nephew" but that's because Julia told her kids to call me "Aunt Sarah" which I love) Sooo . . . I was going to stitch some angels, but then kept looking through my stash. I found a lovely, mostly backstitched bookmark. It had a church/house and says "as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord" and the verse. It took me like 6 or 7 hours total to stitch. I decided to stitch it on 14-count green aida and change the colors.

Then . . . I got further distracted by the pattern on the page accross from that one - a filagree/vining border around part of Ecclesiates 3:1. I realized the rest of the piece of green 14-count aida would work. Then I decided I would do the backstitched words in gold #4 braid, the roses in some of that rayon/satin dmc floss, backstitching those in a slightly darker color, and the filigree/leaves/vines in silver #4 braid. I still need to finish the bottom and to pick out a much darker color for backstitching, but I'm over halfway done. I just put that one down so that I could go back to Strength. Plus, I will need more silver braid - it was a brand new spool and I'm 2/3 done with it. lol

Ok . . . so off to grab a gerbil and work on Strength!