Sunday, July 1, 2012

RAK

There's a wonderful little program/ability/whatever you want to call it on the HAED site called RAK - Random Act of Kindness. That's where you can buy a chart, but rather than downloading it (or having it mailed to you if you get a printed copy), you send it on to someone else. Granted, I don't have the money to do so, though I've several people I've wanted to send charts to. Oh if only I won the lottery. lol some people just to see how fast it could be stitched, there are some ladies I've spoken with on FB that simply amaze me with the speed they stitch. I swear they have +2 Needles of Haste or something. But I digress. On one of the FB groups, someone suggested that there should be a document with email addies on it/names/etc so if someone wanted to RAK another, they could. Seeing the phrase "I got rakked!" makes my mind go wait what? it doesn't sound like it's a good thing, though it is.

Sooo . . . I checked my email after being ofline since Friday night and I saw I had not one but two emails telling me I had something rakked to me! Wow! lol though they did have lots to choose, there are so many I like, my preeescious . . . So I got Faces of Fairy 185 (the red "I am ninja") by JBG from Liz D. and QS Poisionous Beauties, also by JBG from Michelle D! I'll post pics in a bit as I'm on Netty at the moment. I'm deciding if I am so tired that I can't stay awake long enough to turn Tagetarl on and download the charts (and post the pics) or if I should just crash until after church (hopefully). I probably should be responsible and go to bed as I've just yawned so largely I couldn't see anything. It was a very long day babysitting (during my friend's work and then when she went to the ER for jaw pain, there wasn't much they could do for her) and then another friend came over to do the laundry and then we sat around talking for hours. Yup, gonna crash.

As promised, here are the beauties!:

Faces of Fairy 185:



I am ninja, you are ninja . . . ok enough of Ask A Ninja (YouTube it if you've not seen it, the Pirates of the Carribean is hilariouuuusss!) I, of course, like to have pairs if there are pairs, so eventually, I'll get FoF 187, who is her blue companion . . . lol I should stitch this one and then submit her for 187 as the reward! This little lady is the more eye-catching of that pair, with all the red. Plus, I think I remember reading about how red is a lucky color in Asian societies (Chhinese culture)? I forget where I read or heard that, but I think I did. But if it is, that can't be a bad thing. I used to not like red that much, but over time, I think I do.

And QS Poisionous Beauties:



She reminds me of Poison Ivy, who I loved when Uma Thurman played her. I had said oh no you shouldn't add anything else to the wishlist . . . that resolution was broken when I saw Michele's had added her to my newsfeed. I'm terrible. lol I used to not like JBG's work - the eyes looked too big and the whole thing looked strange, but then I found QS Rose Fairy. Which I will probably work on later this year, must finish confetti. But now I like them more and more, plus, I tend to want to collect sets, like I'm still somewhat annoyed Revenge of the Sith will never be on VHS, I have all the others on VHS and episodes 4 - 6 in two different box sets. Dammit George Lucas, you messed up my symetry. But anyway, there are other QS's that are like QS Rose Fairy, so they're on my wish list as well. Then I was like oooh this is pretty, that's pretty . . . the HAED site is dangerous. lol

2 comments:

  1. Love the red ninja - Both great choices. I do think JBG's do become addicting.

    Not only is HAED dangerous - but Michele and Bob run a super business. Their kindness is unbeatable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol I think you're right about JBG becoming addicting. I didn't used to like them until I found QS Rose Fairy and then I looked more and found more I like. :)

    Oh definitely! If more companies had the customer service they do, people would be a lot happier I think.

    ReplyDelete