Saturday, July 6, 2013

I am Dobby!

Why? Because I love knitting socks! Knitted socks, my precious. (Yes I know, two different sources.) I decided to start a new tradition. New socks on Christmas morning. And of course, all the lush sock yarn I've seen in the magazines is just begging to be knitted into socks. I've never knitted socks before and starting out with 4 needles is a bit tricky. But once I got the hang of it, I just couldn't stop! I've gotten quite a bit further than this - I'm nearly done with the heel bit. I think I'll probably leave the precious, I mean my new experimental sock, here while I go gaming tonight. But oh I love the tiny stitches (I think in retrospective, the double pointed needles are mostly size 1 oh well they work) and the stripes. I'm looking forward to picking out more yarn and knitting some for my mom & sister for Christmas morning. And I might just make a bunch more too.

No comments:

Post a Comment