Friday, March 13, 2009

Progress

Here's my latest progress . . . well since the last time I posted.

I've been busy!

I made my dice bag for my character Kheti. I used varigated yellow/orange for the ankh with the cable for the backstitching on the one side and on the other I used some 742 with some high luster blending filament (gold), gold #4 braid, and the cable for the other side being a sunburst.




I got lots of stuff finished on 3-8-09!
I also did my raindrop kids. I'd have gotten them all done during Shivacon had I remembered the white floss and also if I'd stitched at all during the last game session. I think I'd like to do them again, but change them a bit. I want to change the little boy's hair to red and his skin to be a grayish green, so he's Little Corsair. And change the girl's hair to black, her skin to bronze, and add a tail, so she can be Tobin.



Then I finished my Herself the Elf - I had only had the backstitching to finish when I'd gotten to Shivacon, but I wanted to only work on the raindrop kids, so that's why it took me another week or so to finish it. But now it's all done. Yay vintage cartoons! I like the little froggy - I think I'll use that bit of the pattern on Ayla's dice bag. (Now I just need 3 more animals and some plants . . . )



I also got the cross stitching done on Haruna's dice bag. It was really easy. I just randomly picked different musical notes and symbols and just randomly put them where I thought they should go. Now I just have to put it together. I will use some of the musical fabric I have for the liner. I think that'll look nice.



Currently working on:
Legend.
Yup I've picked Legend back up and I've gotten a little further on the sphinx done. It's a little hard following along with the pattern since it's more than 2 - 4 pages. I don't think I've ever done one with this many pages before! lol But I've wanted to do this one since 2005, so I will. It's not a hard pattern to follow, tho the shading is very close together, so it's helpful to do all of one color that I can before moving on to the next one. I'm hoping to get lots done. Tho I keep getting sucked into the internet . . . hmmmm . . .



The ones I want to work on next:
SALs with Kattie - she and I will work on the wizard and sorceress pics during Matt's Sunday game. It's going to be fun working on something with someone. I think I'll do different colors tho I'm not sure what colors I'll use. But I think I may do varigated or overdyed floss for the sorceress. Maybe blue(s) for her dress, turquoise for her cape, and red for her hair? Not really sure at this point. But I think it'll be on some sort of evenweave.
HAED - I finally have the fabric, the floss, and the chart for the QS Lotus Wood one, or as I have decided in my mind, the Tannith one. I just need to figure out the hair before I stitch it. She's got to have red hair, even if the face isn't exactly her. I'll use this sparkly blue/turquoise stuff for her eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment